Another tour of the flavors of the world! This time take the family to Italy! We, too can't believe that this delicious soup can be made in 35 minutes!Share by Email Share on Facebook Print Recipe
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, ground
- 1 onion
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 cup heavy cream (or greek yogurt to make it healthier)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- parmesan cheese
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Brown the sausage until cooked halfway through.
- Add the onions, and garlic to the pot.
- After approx. 5 minutes add chicken stock, a can of crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Simmer and season with salt.
- Fresh tortellini only need a few minutes to cook, so to get the perfect al dente consistency, it's best to add them a few minutes before serving.
- The same goes for kale - add it at the end, as kale and spinach wilt very quickly.
- Slowly add the cream at the end (adding to it a bit of a hot liquid from the soup before will help prevent curdling).
- Serve with parmesan cheese.