1. How does Project Date Night Work?
We strive to be a “hands-on” and “meet first” childcare referral company. That is why whenever possible we meet with new families in person before the first booking. Exceptions to that rule are last minute booking requests.
We are a membership-based company; each babysitting request requires an active membership which allows our families access to our request form and calendar with available babysitters.
2. How can I become a member?
PDN memberships are available through referrals.
If you know one of our families with membership or one of our babysitters, please send us an email with your information and tell us who has referred you to us. We will contact you shortly!
If that is not the case – please EMAIL US with your information. We will contact you shortly to set up an in-person meeting.
3. I’m not a member – how do I book a sitter?
If you need someone ASAP – CALL US!
Otherwise, please EMAIL US with your babysitting request, your information and if possible, information of the person who has referred you to us. We will contact you shortly!
4. How do I cancel my booking with Project Date Night?
All cancelations must be made over the phone (including text). There is no fee when canceling ahead of time, with at least 24h notice. Cancellations with less than 24h notice will be billed a fee of $25.
Cancellations with less than 12h notice will be billed our four-hour minimum ($80).
5. Can I cancel my membership?
Memberships are non-refundable but can be canceled or paused at any time.
6. Can I interview PDN sitter before I book?
Every babysitter at Project Date Night goes through a thorough interview process which includes a detailed application and series of in-person and phone interviews as well as reference check. We only work with people that we know or have been referred to us by other sitters already on our team.
We do understand that keeping your children safe is your number one priority as parents; that is why we arrange in-person as well as phone interviews with our caregivers so you can make sure it is the right fit for your family. Exceptions to this rule are generally made in regards to last minute booking requests.
7. Do I have to pay for a membership to book a babysitter with Project Date Night?
Yes – we are a membership-based company. Becoming a member gives our families 24/7 access to our available babysitters; We work only with highly qualified nannies and babysitters. Every caregiver who works with us has had their references checked and is CPR, and First Aid certified.
8. Can I schedule a babysitter to watch my child while I’m (working) at home?
– notice of minimum one week of international and three days of domestic travel;
– an updated list of local emergency contacts that are allowed to care for and make medical decisions regarding the child; If there is no one – we need notarized permission that will allow us to make those decisions in case of emergency when parents are unreachable;
– information as to how can we reach you at your travel destination in case we can’t contact you by your cellphone alone ( for example – if we have to reach you while you are at your workplace, wedding reception or hotel, etc.);
– the exact information of your child’s schedule for the time you are away, including meal plan and $ for food shopping/activities if necessary;
– The essential school information including access to the school’s communication system; the sitter should also be listed at school as an emergency contact for when parents are traveling;
10. My child is sick, can I still get a babysitter?
Project Date Night strives to accept 100% of booking requests we receive as we do not like saying NO to our families.
Unfortunately, sometimes we have to refuse. We cannot accept a booking if your child is ill and contagious as we cannot risk spreading that illness. Safety of numerous families we work with on a daily basis as well as our own safety and our families at home – is of tremendous importance to us.
To be more specific:
YES – we will accept your booking
– ear infection
– a runny nose
– strep throat – only if your child already started antibiotics
NO – we will not accept your booking
– stomach viruses
– pink eye
– virus Coxsackie ( Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease)
– any other illness that can be easily spread