Gluten-free pumpkin-oat muffins
No ideas for a rainy afternoon with the kids at home? Turn your kitchen into a bakery! These pumpkin muffins are loaded with oats and chocolate chips. They are gluten free, healthy and delicious!Share by Email Share on Facebook Print Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup unseasoned pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Grind oatmeal in a blender until finely ground.
- Add baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; pulse once or twice to blend.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips (or cranberries).
- Fill prepared muffin tins to two-thirds height.
- Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove to cool completely.